Fibrestar Drums was founded in 1932 as the '3 Ply Barrel Co', originally specialising in plywood barrels out of our location in Trafford Park.
By 1949 we were taken over by Bowaters as our fibre drums rapidly increased in popularity. We moved operations to Disley, where we were based until 2013.
In 1956 demand continued to increase, prompting Bowaters to expand the site to 168,000 square feet. Later, in 1962, we signed a licence agreement with Continental Can and the original Leverpak was born.
1995 saw the company rebranded again, this time becoming known as Rexam Drums. In 2000, Rexam sold its Industrial Packaging Division to Alpinvest VC and the company became known as Fibrestar Drums.
In 2007, we underwent a management buyout, led by our current Managing Director, Colin Pardoe, and Finance Director, Stephen Hornby.
Recently we moved to Hazel Grove in Stockport. This specially designed, state-of-the-art production site has enabled us to achieve our mission to provide the very best in up-to-date packaging products and services. Towngate were instrumental in getting the property fitted to our needs, completely replacing the 100,000sq ft of warehouse roof.